What is Depression?
Depression is an issue millions of people struggle with every day; however, there is hope. With treatment, feelings caused by depression can be minimized or overcome completely. Because every person reacts differently to depression, our staff can individualize a treatment plan tailored to fit your personal needs.
Are you depressed?
If you identify with several of the following signs and symptoms, and they just won’t go away, you may be suffering from clinical depression.
- You can’t sleep or you sleep too much
- You can’t concentrate or find that previously easy tasks are now difficult
- You feel hopeless and helpless
- You can’t control your negative thoughts, no matter how much you try
- You have lost your appetite or you can’t stop eating
- You are much more irritable, short-tempered, or aggressive than usual
- You’re consuming more alcohol than normal or engaging in other reckless behavior
- You have thoughts that life is not worth living (seek help immediately if this is the case)
We pair individuals with behavioral health professional. This will either be a Psychiatric Nurse Practitioner or Psychiatrist to evaluate medications the individual is currently taking and add prescribed medications to improve one’s quality of life.
Our therapist work one on one with individuals in a safe and caring environment to better their lives through exploring feelings, behaviors, and beliefs. We help the individual identify aspects of their lives they would like to change.
Our clients have a unique opportunity to participate in group therapy. This is an opportunity to come together with their peers and discuss their thoughts and feelings under the supervision of our therapist.