Signs and Symptoms
Experiencing one or more of the following feelings or behaviors can be an early warning sign of a problem:
- Eating or sleeping too much or too little
- Pulling away from people and usual activities
- Having low or no energy
- Feeling numb or like nothing matters
- Having unexplained aches and pains
- Feeling helpless or hopeless
- Smoking, drinking, or using drugs more than usual
- Feeling unusually confused, forgetful, on edge, angry, upset, worried, or scared
- Yelling or fighting with family and friends
- Experiencing severe mood swings that cause problems in relationships
- Having persistent thoughts and memories you can’t get out of your head
- Hearing voices or believing things that are not true
- Thinking of harming yourself or others
- Inability to perform daily tasks like taking care of your kids or getting to work or school
A person’s mental health can affect every aspect of their life. If you or someone you love is struggling to enjoy life due to a mental health disorder, there is help available. At Jordan Valley Medical Center, our caring staff can help you or a loved one overcome the effects of mental health disorders and learn to manage day to day life.
We pair individuals with behavioral health professional. This will either be a Psychiatric Nurse Practitioner or Psychiatrist to evaluate medications the individual is currently taking and add prescribed medications to improve one’s quality of life.
Our therapist work one on one with individuals in a safe and caring environment to better their lives through exploring feelings, behaviors, and beliefs. We help the individual identify aspects of their lives they would like to change.
Our clients have a unique opportunity to participate in group therapy. This is an opportunity to come together with their peers and discuss their thoughts and feelings under the supervision of our therapist.